As a Pastels on 5th artist, YOU will be the highlight and main feature of this event! Artists have creative license with their piece of sidewalk chalk art. Not only will your artwork be on display for the over 3,500+ attendees to see, you will also be giving back to the community while doing what you love! Meet other amazing artists, support Alternatives to Violence, and be a part of this Loveland tradition! Deadline to register is Friday, August 26, 2022.
- The cost to participate is $10 (includes pastels, t-shirt, breakfast & lunch).
- Artists do not have to find their own sponsor.
- We provide a 24 color set of Koss pastels (these are approved by the City of Loveland and the only pastels allowed at the event). Please DO NOT bring your own pastels or you will not be eligible for any of our event awards.
- You bring knee pads, paint brushes, sunscreen, your inspiration, and creativity.
- Professional, amateur, and student artists are encouraged to participate (artists can work in teams of two or more if they choose).
- Middle school students who do not have their own sponsor are not assigned a sponsor and will be featured in the Young Artist Area (unless part of a student art club – see below).
- Artwork must be appropriate for a family event – no adult themes, nothing political.
Student Art Clubs
Elementary, Middle and High School student art clubs/classes are invited to participate. There are a limited number of spaces reserved for school groups. Each group needs a designated leader/instructor and can consist of no more than 12 students. Groups need to sponsor their own art square ($150+). We encourage you to either ask your school for funding, approach the PTO, hold a fund raiser, or have each student pitch in for the cost of the art square. Lunch will be provided and students will be able to purchase the event t-shirt for $10 a piece.
Each year, judges select their favorite works of art in our juried art awards. Artwork is judged based on composition, creativity, ability with medium, and originality. The juried awards are sponsored by Jerry’s Artarama, Fort Collins, and include cash prizes for the winning artists!
1st Place – $300
2nd Place – $150
3rd Place – $100
Young Artist Award – $50
People’s Choice Awards
Event spectators get to participate by voting for their favorite works of art in our People’s Choice awards. $1 per vote!
For tips on street painting techniques, visit Streetpainting.net.
Photography by Lucky Brake Ltd.